We know how important it is to be able to have all your data in one place. That's why we've made it easy to import your Trellis data into Keela.
Trellis helps charities and champions like you create and promote modern, fun events. You can create events while gathering donor data and managing donations with automated receipts. You can find out more about Trellis here.
Importing your Trellis Data
By using our step by step instructions and the excel templates at the bottom of the page, importing your Trellis data is simple.
1. Export your data from Trellis
If you need assistance with this step, please reach out to the Trellis team.
2. Calculate the Advantage Benefit
What is Advantage Benefit? If your contacts receive any benefit from their donation, such as a dinner valued at $20 at a fundraiser, this is considered a benefit and would not be included in the total donation amount for your tax receipt. More information on Advantage/Benefit can be found in Logging a Donation for a Contact
To calculate the Advantage Benefit, complete the following steps:
1) Create a new column called Advantage Benefit
2) Add the following formula in the second cell of the column:
=Price - Receiptable Amount - Donation Amount
3) Click the bottom right hand corner of the new cell and drag the formula to the last column of your spreadsheet.
4) Copy the entire Advantage Benefit column and paste the data back into the column using Paste Special and Paste Values. This will remove the formula, so only values remain for import.
3. Cleanup Additional Columns
Delete all columns from your spreadsheet except the following which will be imported into Keela:
- Advantage Benefit
4. Separate your data into Revenue and Contacts spreadsheets
1) Save the spreadsheet in csv format with the file name Contacts Data and then save a copy with the file name Revenue Data
2) Further clean up the data for your Contact and Revenue spreadsheets by deleting unnecessary columns:
|Contacts Spreadsheet||Revenue Spreadsheet|
|Delete the following columns:||Delete the following columns:|
5. Import both spreadsheets to Keela
Don’t forget to always import Contact Data first!
Instructions on importing Contact and Revenue Data can be found in our Help Center:
Sample Import Templates for Trellis data: