We know that sometimes you might like to send letters or create mailing labels outside of Keela. You can use our Export Contacts tool to create a CSV file of your contacts, which can be used to create a Mail Merge using Microsoft Word (or other word processing programs).
Export Contacts for a Mail Merge
When exporting contact information, you can either export individual contact records - or follow the instructions below to export multiple contact records at the same time.
Start your Contact Export
In your CRM, click on the gear icon to the right of the Contacts title bar and select "Export Contacts".
Select Contacts to Export
In the Export Contact Profiles screen, you can select the specific categories of information that you want to export. You can choose from any or all of your Tags, Households, Assignees, Priorities, and Profile Fields for your contacts.
To change what information about your contacts is exported, you can click the "x" on any option to remove it or start typing in the field and select one from the list.
1) Tags - If you choose to enter Tags here, it will filter the contacts you selected to ensure that only those within these Tags are exported.
2) Households - If you choose to enter Households here, it will filter the contacts you selected to ensure that only those within these Households are exported.
3) Assignees - If you choose to enter a specific Assignee here it will filter the contacts you selected to ensure that only those who are assigned to that person will be exported. To prevent this filter, stick with the “All Assignees” option.
4) Priorities - If you choose to enter a specific Priority here it will filter the contacts you selected to ensure that only those who have this priority will be exported. To prevent this filter, stick with the “All Priorities” option.
5) Export primary household contact only (if applicable) - If you are using the Household function to group Contacts together, selecting this box will ensure that only the “Primary” contact is included in the export data.
6) Fields - You can select which contact fields you would like to be populated in the export. For a mail merge, you would typically export names and addresses. Depending on how your data is stored, you may choose from individual fields like “Name - First Name” or a combined field like “Name - Full Name”. You can also choose to export “All fields” to see all data.
Once you have finished selecting contacts, click the "Export" button at the bottom of the screen. This will create a CSV (comma separated values) file and save it to your browser's default download location on your computer.
Create a Mail Merge
You now have a list of exported contacts that you can use to create a Mail Merge with! Please follow the instructions on the Microsoft Office support portal to see how to create a Mail Merge in Microsoft Word, here.