In this article, we'll review the steps you'll take to set up the QuickBooks integration in Keela.
Setting Up QuickBooks Online
Have you completed the following items?
- Connected your QuickBooks Online account to Keela
- Set up your sales and expenses in QuickBooks Online
- Connected a bank account to your QuickBooks Online account
Set Up QuickBooks
To set up the QuickBooks integration, head over to 'Organization Settings' by clicking on the organization name in the top right corner of Keela.
In the 'Integrations' tab, navigate to the QuickBooks Online widget and click on the 'Set up QuickBooks' button.
This will open the Set Up QuickBooks screen. You'll need to set QuickBooks Online destinations for each payment method for Donations and Membership Payments.
You can use the Quick-Select feature to fill each row in a column, manually select a destination for each field, or use a combination of those methods. Using the Quick-Select option allows you to set the same QuickBooks destination for all payment methods in a particular column.
Select a destination for the following QuickBooks resources for each of the payment methods:
- Sales - Deposit Account: This is the bank account where you want funds to be deposited.
- Expenses - Category: This is the account where you would like Stripe and PayPal fees to appear in.
- Expenses - Withdrawal Account: This is the bank account that you want your Stripe and PayPal fees to be drawn from.
You will need to do this for each payment method used to accept donations and membership payments. If you do not require a specific payment method, you can leave the resource fields blank.
Once you have finished setting the QuickBooks destination for each payment method and resource, click 'Save' to complete your QuickBooks setup.